To make Homemade Oreo cookies (To make 16 cookies) –
- For the cookies 90 gms whole wheat flour (chakki atta)
- 45 gms cocoa powder
- 100 gms butter
- 125 gms raw sugar
- 1 Egg
For The Frosting:
- 100 gms cashew nuts
- ½ -1tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vegetable or coconut oil.
Method for the frosting:
Grind all the ingredients into a fine paste for the frosting.
Method for the cookies:
- Beat sugar and butter together.
- Add the egg and beat until fluffy.
- Add cocoa powder, flour and mix well.
- Refrigerate this dough for one hour.
- Place butter or parchment paper on the working table.
- Place the cooled dough on the surface and dust some flour.
- Roll to dough out with a rolling pin. Make sure this is even and not too thin. It should be a little thicker than a roti.
- Cut the dough in tiny discs with a cookie cutter or you can use a small steel bowl for this.
- Place delicately on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet or aluminium foil. Don’t worry if the shape goes a little off.
- Bake at 180 degrees centigrade for 18-20 minutes. Allow it to cool completely.
- Take one cookie at a time and spread a small amount of frosting in the centre.
- Place another cookie on top and press together very lightly.
- Serve with a glass of milk.
This is a fun snack that packs some nutrition in it too!