To make Sugarless Jowar Banana Bread (Eggless, Vegan, Glutenfree) –
- 180 gms Jowar flour *(bajra or foxtail or a mix of any millet flours can be used)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- a pinch of rock salt
- 300 gms banana (Peeled & cut into pieces)
- 100 gms dates (deseeded, soaked in warm water for 20 minutes)
- 50 gms coconut oil
- 20 gms walnuts or pumpkin seeds & some extra for garnish.
- Cinnamon flavored or plain honey for serving
Note: If you find the flavour of millet not to your taste, you can substitute wheat fl our in 1:1 ratio or make the loaf entirely with wheat flour.
- Measure all the dry ingredients.
- Add walnuts or pumpkin seeds and keep aside.
- Blend banana and soaked dates (without any water) in a mixer to a fine paste.
- Pour the paste in a mixing bowl.
- Measure and add coconut oil and mix well with the help of a spatula.
- Add the measured dry mixture to the wet mix and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture in a greased pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 180 degrees centigrade in a pre-heated oven.
- Check if it’s done by inserting a toothpick. (It should come out clean).
- Allow it to cool on a wire rack before cutting.
- Serve warm or at room temperature drizzled with some honey.