- 2 tbsp bean sprouts
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 small carrots
- 1 small onion
- 1/4th Capsicum (of any colour)
- A handful of spinach leaves
- A small piece of ginger
- 100 gms paneer
- 50 gms hung curd
- zest of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 rotis or tortilla wraps
- salt and pepper to taste
- Roast the sunflower seeds in a pan without any oil/fat until golden brown.
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Wash and dice the bell pepper.
- Peel the onion and cut into thin rings.
- Wash the spinach and drain completely.
- Wash the bean sprouts with cold water and let them dry.
CLICK HERE TO PARTICIPATE IN PAKNIRNAY 2019 CONTEST
For the dressing:
- Peel the ginger and grate it into a bowl.
- Add the paneer, hung curd, lemon zest and the mustard and mix it well.
- Spread this mixture on the rotis/ tortillas.
- Lay out spinach leaves on this roti, put the carrots, peppers, onions, bean sprouts and sprinkle the roasted sunflower seeds on top and fold in half. Be careful not to squish it.
- Toast lightly on a tava and serve.
– Kalnirnay Calmanac (March 2017)